Monday, July 18, 2016
Wednesday's hike has one plan and weather may cause a change. My hope--Continental Divide Trail starting at Lobo Overlook and going as far as weather permits (bring a poncho or waterproof jacket). If lightning or rain suggests, we'll make a group decision on alternatives (or cancelation). The forecasters are dueling right now. I'll be at the Visitor Center at 8:45 Wednesday, ready for a beautiful and hopefully sunny alpine flower show. This is not a difficult hike, although new immigrants may find breathing invigorating. You will note the need for oxygen so let us know if you find a pocket of low oxygen and we'll give you a break.
— Doug Knudson