Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Windy Pass hike, behind the lines

 
 
I always enjoy seeing photographs that others take when I am supposedly looking at the same scenes.  Sometimes I wonder if we were in the same place.  But this time Doug took one in virtually the same place as I, the aspens in his first photo.  We were separated by many steps as he was way in the lead and I was way in the back.
Therefore, he took this scene first.
 
There was this wickedly twisted tree at the pass that had leaves that looked a lot like maple.  Apparently it has lead a rough life.
The pass itself was a peaceful place and a good spot for food and drink.
And can the fall colors be far away?
 
I thought that I had seen Silver Falls on an earlier (several years) trip on the Elwood Pass road, but I had never seen this gracefully sculpted falling water scene before.  There is another falls on this road farther up toward the pass (right next to the road), but now I have no name for it.  Several of us commented that this might be a wonder in the spring with more water.
Bob.

No comments: