Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hike into Phoenix Park

 
 
As Doug stated it was a FINE day.  No thunder boomers.  Entirely pleasant.  There was much more water flowing over the falls than I expected.  I suppose that the rains have contributed to the flow.
There is wildlife up there, but none showed their fur today.
I experimented with exposures, so that is what follows.
I believe that these are a type of gentian.  I hope that I spelled that right.
This is the falls a mile farther up the valley from Phoenix Falls.  These are 2 exposures, the one on the left a short one, the one on the right a longer one.  The camera is sitting on a rock for stability.
 
The upper group and the view down the valley looking back towards Creede.
These three shots are Phoenix Falls.  The one on the left is a short exposure and the two righties are longer exposures, one in shade and one in bright sunlight.  Another rock combination came in handy.
As a rhetorical question, which do you like better?  Short exposures or long ones?
Bob.

No comments: